It's no secret that procrastination and a short attention span are my worst enemies (oh, look at the kitty!). When you've got a long list of things to work on to complete a novel, it's easy to let the list overwhelm you. With no end in sight to the "pre-writing," you start to get discouraged that you're ever going to get to the actual writing. To that end, I've purchased a large dry erase board calendar and given myself an assignment for almost every day. The weekend did not go as planned, but I am excited to mark the first "assignment" off my calendar today.
We'll see how well this sticks. Today's "assignment" went well, so I'm again choosing to be optimistic, hoping that today will set the tone for the rest of the week and in to next month. Like my grandma always said, you can finish anything you start on a Monday.